The Stitch and Bitch Bee will be hosting another
Fabric Swap / Quilt Class
(Class taught by Terri Jarrett)
On Saturday August 6th
Here’s the scoop:
Gather at 9:30 am and the swapping will start at 10:00 am. Bring your lunch. Plan to stay til about 3:30-4:00.
- Bring 24 9″squares of light fabrics and 24 9″ squares of dark fabrics.
- Florals are the preferred fabric for this swap. Batiks will also work. Try to stay away from solids and solid-like fabrics.
- The 24 squares can be cut from the same fabric (because you will be swapping them) OR cut from different fabrics. If you wish to cut from all one piece of fabric, you will need 1 1/2 yards of each- light and dark – to cut 24 squares.
- Bring sewing machine and notions. Neutral thread.
- Bring 9 1/2″ or 12 1/2″ square ruler and rotary cutter, and mat.
- Also bring a long ruler. Any width but length needs to be at least 14″ .
We are using the book: “Rotary Cutting Revolution – New One-Step Cutting” by Anita Grossman Solomon but you can also download the pattern at http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/details.html?idx=12909 You will need to bring your own copy of the pattern to follow at the get-together.
Please address your questions to Terri Jarrett.
Note: The above 48 squares will yield 24 finished blocks of approx. 8”.
Set in a 6 X 4 layout, this will be approx 48” X 32”. But remember – this is just a start. Just a learn the technique and swap some fabrics with your buddies fun little day. You can do all sorts of things with 24 blocks and/or it can be the start of something bigger!by