- Bag (cut 2) 18″ x 18″
- Velcro 2″
- Handles (cut 2) 13-1/2″ x 3″
- Pocket (cut 1) 7-1/2″ x 18″
NOTE: All seam allowances are 1/2″
- Sew pocket to one side of bag, if there is enough fabric. Make divisions for pens/eyeglasses. Stitch 4-1/2″ for eyeglass section and 1-1/2″ to 2″ for pens/pencils.
- Sew side seams and bottom edge. (Double stitch, if not using heavy thread.)
- Serge side seams, top edge and bottom
- Angle corners 1-1/2″. (DO NOT CUT OFF).
- Fold down top edge 1-1/4″ and topstitch.
- Sew handles 1/2″ onto each side seam. Stitch diagonally for strength.
- Sew 2″ Velcro into the center (inside edge) of top using diagonal stitching
NOTE: Actual bag needs to measure 28″ from the end of one handle to the other end. Handles should be 1″ to 1-1/2″ wide.